We are delighted to announce our brand new Education Voters Public Education Champion fellowship program.
This program was created for parents and community members who care about their local public schools and are ready to step up and be vocal and engaged in supporting state funding and policies that will support children and communities.
Public Education Champions will…
- Learn about school funding and policies.
- Attend meetings to follow school board decision making.
- Speak at public meetings in support of public education.
- Plan activities that engage and encourage other families to be involved in advocating for schools, including in school district policy and state policy.
Don’t have public speaking experience? That’s okay – if you are willing to learn!
Have no clue how school funding works? That’s okay – we will walk you through it.
We are looking for individuals who will…
1) Think creatively about how to identify people in a community to engage in school funding issues and turn those ideas into action.
2) Be a passionate advocate for supporting public schools and identify others who feel the same way.
3) Be outspoken and action-oriented about the need to improve policy and support for children.
4) Make plans to lift up the voices of families and community members who believe in public schools!
Participants will be expected to spend 20 hours/month doing this work and will be compensated with a stipend.
This is a statewide pilot program with space for 12-15 fellows. It will operate on a 2 semester schedule, roughly September – mid-November and February-May.
If you are interested in learning more about the Education Voters Public Education Champion fellowship program, please click HERE to fill out this form and our staff will be in touch. If you know someone who might be interested, please share the form with them!
In the News
Over the past few weeks we’ve been busy talking to reporters about important education issues in Pennsylvania. Click on the pictures and you will be redirected to the articles.
Thank you for your continued support of public education.
Susan Spicka, Executive Director, Education Voters of PA